Dr Jacob Thomas
Speciality - Pediatrics & Neonatology
Designation - Specialist
Lic No. P9753
Dr. Jacob Thomas is a specialist in neonatology and pediatrics. Trained in management of neonatal and pediatric emergencies and procedures. He has more than 9 years’ experience to his credit. He was former assistant professor in child health department, CMC Vellore.
He completed his MBBS from AIMS, Bellur,Karnataka and has done his internship in Alleppey Medical College. After doing his post-graduation in pediatrics at Dr D.Y. Patil Medical College, Pune; he worked as Assistant Professor in American Mission Christian Medical College Vellore from 2008 – 2010.
He did his fellowship in Neonatology at MS Ramaiah medical college, Bengaluru. Later, he joined Azeezia Medical college as Assistant Professor from 2011 – 2014. From 2014 onwards he was working as a Neonatologist in Aster Medcity Kochi.
Areas of Interest:
- Knowledgeable in child care and infant diseases
- Highly adept in handling infants
- Proficient in diagnosing child illness
- Confident in Neonatal procedures like inubation , surfactant administration, Inserting UAC, UVC, PICC line insertion, exchange transfusion, Lumbar puncture, Intercostal drainage, suprapubic bladder aspiration, bladder catheterization , Neonatal resuscitation and ventilation ( Conventional and High Frequency ) and Neonatal transport
- Advanced Neonatal Resuscitation Programme held by National Neonatology Forum India held at Aster Medcity, Cochin .
- Provider Course in Pediatric Advanced Life Support which was held at Pune and at Aster Medcity .
- Basic Trauma and Life support provider course organized by the University of Minnesota Medical School
- Advanced Basic Trauma and Life support course
- Neonatal resuscitation programme (NALS) organized by the National Neonatology Forum, Pune branch, India.
- Certificate course in Medical Genetics.
- Runner –up in Neonatology Quiz held at MS Ramiah Medical College, Bangalore, 2010.
- First prize in free poster presentation held at Shivamogga, SOUTH NEOCON.